Old Work,  Uncategorized

CONFESSIONS OF A CHARACTER FREAK

CONFESSIONS OF A CHARACTER FREAK: YOUNG & HUNGRY

I’LL ALWAYS TRY TO AVOID SPOILERS!

Zoe Jay S

Good evening! I’ve got a late post on my hands due to the stress of “midterm season” and being tired from work.  

How is the pandemic/pandemonium/panorama treating you guys? (If you don’t follow the trend on social media, and you didn’t laugh, I will be highly offended.) Any who, part of quarantine lockdown meant we were stuck indoors surrounded by FOOD. And what better show to discuss than one that his cooking as it’s central focus? Yay.

And which character am I choosing to focus on? Sofia Maria Consuela Rafaella Rodriguez!

Sofia; best friend to the main character and a TOTAL babe.Sofia; best friend to the main character and a TOTAL babe.

Sofia; best friend to the main character and a TOTAL babe.

Sofia is my favorite because she is the fun, when she needs to be, and self-aware best friend. She’s a total sweetheart who is also no non-sense as she climbs her way through the corporate world while living with her whimsical blonde best friend, Chef Gabi. 

The show has a total of 5 seasons and a lot of us fans were pissed at the abrupt ending with a cliffhanger that makes me want to yank my hair out! Because why?!

But back to Sofia. She is the brunette brains to her bestie’s… um, you know, blond-ness. Her alter ego is my personal fav (I find it so cute when she tries to be down lol): Lil So So. We get to enjoy watching this alter ego purchase weed and it’s the cringiest/funniest thing ever and I live for it! 

tumblr_nr6cl8TcF41qhrh9to8_250.giftumblr_nr6cl8TcF41qhrh9to8_250.gif

Because of her attitude towards life, it makes it difficult for her to find romance, because like most women she has “the list” and most guys don’t fit the bill and it depresses her. There’s one episode I love where she meets a British neighbor who’s in a band, but she can’t stand his music. She puts plugs in her ears not realizing he would start a whole conversation and it ends up being this long thing of her thinking he has some kinky lifestyle when all he wanted was a girl to play tambourine! LOL, literally.

Okay, zodiac! This is a tough one. I want to say… Capricorn. She’s a feisty one with a mama bear persona but also down to have all the fun! And every Cap I know is just the same. They are unproblematic people that you simply need to have in your life.

Then we have her work journey. She starts out as a bank intern, becomes a Soul Spin instructor, and ends up working as a personal assistant for Logan Rawlings company, Clikd, that resembles BuzzFeed just a tad. It’s pretty awesome. One of my favorite Sofia quotes happens during this job: 

“You know what? I was about to walk outta here, and then I thought… “Why? Why am I leaving? I did an incredible job.” I worked my ass off for you. I got you in a room with Rooster, which led you to getting the most viewed article in Clikd history. If that’s not closing the deal, then I don’t know what is. You know what? And I’m gonna leave you with one last thought. This whole issue you have with “I’m sorry”? I’m not sorry. But you’re gonna be. Because you are losing the best damn assistant…

Ughh! A queen if I ever heard one. She’s supportive, gorgeous, put together, and not afraid to have adventure. We stan!

Yes. Yes you are.Yes. Yes you are.

Yes. Yes you are.

Let me know what characters you guys want me to do in the future! xoxo