Old Work,  Uncategorized

The perpetually learning mom…

Dear Blog reader,

My name is Rosse Mary and I am a 40-year-old undergrad college student.  Adding to that and not surprisingly I am also a mom of three, a full-time employee and a Latina.  While this is not a unique situation, it is one where the perspectives of a few people meet.  That of the adult student, the professional, the mom, and most notably the woman with aspirations and plans for a more enjoyable everyday life.  Because as you will read, as an adult student I am no longer thinking in the far future of my life or the dreams I may reach some day… I am thinking of today, and maybe tomorrow. 

This blog will not be a guide to navigating parenthood and school (a ton of those can be found online), or an advice blog aimed at those looking to take a similar path in their lives, though some may take notes about what not to do, ha-ha!  This blog is about the joys and struggles of my personal journey and my choices as I face each hurdle on my track.  I will share some of the questions that trouble my sometimes-confused mind, maybe some silly occurrences of the week, and mostly how things are going with a touch of cluelessness and an attempt at emotional intelligence.

So grab a cup of your favorite indulgent drink or a pint of the finest ice-cream in your fridge and come chat, I mean read, about how I got here in the first place and help me decide where to go next.

PS. Special shout out to all those amazing women throughout history that have paved the way for girls to be here today, THANK YOU!